Monday, July 06, 2009

Tenby Is Like A Box Of Chocolates......

Now that I've spent 24 hrs here, I can say that Tenby is a lovely place. It's also much bigger than I thought it would be and we seemed to walk round most of it today. There is more clean sand here than in a Saudi prince's back yard and even with my binoculars, I couldn't see the end of the beach. It was like Daytona but without the heat....and the cars.......and the sunshine.

We did get some sunshine as well as a few showers so as the forecast had mentioned scattered thunderstorms, I felt we got off easy.

Anyway as typing is a bit of a pain on this little Eee, I'll just put up some photos and let them do the talking, so to speak.


















The town has many steep streets and there are steps everywhere. It's like snakes and ladders in real life and it makes getting around the place totally exhausting. I added a photo of one set of steps to let you see what I mean.

I was taking a photo of the harbour and was being deafened by the song of a sparrow close by. I finally looked it's way and it was so close that the binoculars couldn't focus on it - so I took a photo instead and it's up there somewhere too.

Many parts of the town are like looking at the lid of a jigsaw puzzle or a fancy box of chocolates and it was tempting to snap hundreds of photos tosday. I did take about 50 just in case this is the best weather we get this week but I only had my dSLR with the zoom lens with me so many views couldn't be taken as I needed a wider lens. Guess I'll just have to go out and about again with my Nikon, although tomorrow we're off to see a nearby castle and if it's one thing Wales has plenty of, it's a castle every few miles. Fingers crossed this will be a good one.

To be continued.........

6 comments:

Jennytc said...

It looks lovely. Those houses with coloured walls are quite a feature of Welsh seaside towns. The steps will be good exercise, should you decide not to brave the waves. ;)

eamon@ewmphotography said...

Greats shots - Tenby has just joined my list of places to visit. Maybe later this summer. Thanks Silverback.

Ruth said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful place. If you took a photo of me now you would see I have gone a delicate shade of jealousy green.

Daphne said...

These photos show some of the reasons why I love being in Tenby so much- they capture it perfectly.

Mortimer said...

Cracking photos. The picture of boats in the harbour is excellent. The old aussie song 'Pub with no beer'keeps running through my head for some reason!!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

If Tenby is really like a box of chocolates then you must be Forrest Gump! One or two smashing photos there.

Most Recent Awards

Most Recent Awards