Monday, October 13, 2008

The Princess Is 50


My bestest ever friend, the self proclaimed Princess, is 50 today. To look at her, you'd never guess she was a day over 49.  Amazing.  No plastic surgery.  No artificial additives (I don't think).

Just Debby.

I won't go into a long list of her attributes as she'd be embarassed to see them all posted on a blog.  Yeah right.  Modesty isn't one of them !!!

But she is special to me.  We've been friends since before me met.  Thanks to t'internet.  Yes folks we were internet buddies and proud of it.  After a few years of chating online (no Skype back then as dial up connections were the order of the day), we met sometime in the early 1990's. I'm not entirely sure of the year at this point in time but could probably work it out from home movies and photos.  

Anyway it was about 15 years ago and we've seen each other every year since then.......often for 6 months at a time since 2000. She and hubby, Dennis, have opened up their home for me on these occasions and I'm glad to say that I've done the same for them when they've come over to the UK to stay with me.  

Entente cordiale, hands across the water, special relationship and all that good stuff.  We're doing our bit.

So Monday morning is coffee morning here in Buttonwood Bay and we're off now to join with as many of the residents who like to share a coffee and a chat and even a donut.  Hmmmmmm donuts.  Debby is wearing her flashing 50th Birthday badge and wonders if the tiara would be over doing it.

See what I mean ?

Happy Birthday, Princess Debby.  You sure are American Royalty !!

3 comments:

Daphne said...

And I'm sure you'll help her to have a really lovely day! Happy Birthday to Debby from a rather grey England!

Debby said...

Ahem...I'm wearing the tiara right now and I don't think it's one bit over the top!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mac and welcome back to proper weather. I bet you feel like you have had a real winter this summer!!!!! At last i have worked out how to leave you comments .... been trying periodically but blogs are beyond my ken! we really enjoyed meeting you, let us know when you are back in the rain and perhaps we can meet up again. Enjoy! Lesley and Frank

Most Recent Awards

Most Recent Awards