Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's A Small World After All.

No I've not been in Florida too long but that annoying Disney tune does pop into my head much too often for my liking.

This time I put it up there as it's a good title for this short (yes SHORT) pre-bed blog post, as you will soon see.

The basic story is this : I'm currently reading a monster book by Ken Follett which isn't about monsters at all. Well not in the big scary beastie way at least. It's set in 14th century England and there are nasty characters within its pages and as there are over 1,000 pages, there are a LOT of nasty characters. Lets just say it wasn't a good time to be a witch or a petty thief or lower class !

On the other hand, if you were nobility (or a "nob head" as I like to think of them) or a monk, prior or other religious person, it was a great time to be a part time murderer, rapist and paedophile. I did say 14th century, didn't I ? Just checking.

So as I only read in bed, it's been slow going and even though I took the book on the cruise with me, I'm only on page 552 and I've had it over 2 weeks. It's not looking good that I'll get to finish it before I leave Florida.

And now (finally) we get to the 'small world' bit. My book is due back on Saturday.....24th April.
I've checked online at my local library in Leeds and they have a copy of the book but it's out at the moment. When is it due back ? Saturday 24th April !!

When I saw that, I felt a cold hand gripping my private bits - and I'm alone here. Ok that didn't come out right AT ALL. I meant an icy chill ran up my spine...or was it down my spine ?

Whatever. It was icy AND cold and very spooky.

And there's more, as Jimmy Cricket used to say.

The name of the book ? World Without End !

Altogether now......

It's a small world after all,
It's a small world after all,
It's a small world after all,
It's a small, small world.

Not quite Eurovision quality lyrics but try getting that damn tune out of your head when it's in there as you go to bed.

Arrgggggggggggggggggggggg.


4 comments:

Daphne said...

Now then, Walt Disney and I have never been friends and that tune reminds me of why! I have never heard it before and I'm hoping to keep it a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

Ruth said...

Like Daphne I had no previous recollection of that Disney tune. Thanks for nothing! By the way I love 'nobility or nob heads'. The expression, not any individual nob head, oh dear I better stop there.

rhymeswithplague said...

I am gobsmacked (I believe that is what you Brits say) to learn that there are at least two people in the world who had never heard "It's A Small World" in their entire lives. They should try taking a fifteen-minute ride through the attraction of the same name at Disney World sometime. They'll never be able to get that tune out of their heads.

jay said...

Oooh, SPOOKY! Did you reserve it?

I am NOT listening to that video, by the way. I had that wretched song stuck in my head for about two years after we visited Disneyland with the kids and had to ride the thing three times. It's enough for a lifetime! LOL!

Most Recent Awards

Most Recent Awards